New beginnings

Okay,  I couldn't keep myself away from Blogger any longer. 

The past month has allowed me to think about lots of things, bake several cakes and read many books. And I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to stop blogging. I think I just need a change of direction! 

I really love writing articles/essays/stories; and initially that's what this blog was - somewhere to share my thoughts and write about what I'd been up to. But somewhere along the line, the photos of food became the focus of each post. I don't mind photography, but it's not something I'm passionate about (unlike writing) and so blogging began to feel like a chore. 

I began to feel boxed in, only writing about food or restaurants when in reality I wanted to tell you all about the latest book I'd read, the newest TV programme I'd watched or my most recent CD purchases. I was only expressing one side of me - and whilst that was fine for a while, I didn't feel like I was being totally honest. 

It's funny, isn't it, how a blog started purely for personal pleasure can morph into something undertaken to please others. I was afraid to write about other things close to my heart in case I 'lost followers', or received some snide comments down below. But this part of the Internet is mine! (Or at least partly mine.)  I shouldn't feel pressurised to write about something because I think others will enjoy it; I need to write it for me. It's only when I truly start writing from the heart that I will feel comfortable with CIC. I was inspired by my friend Sarah, who has recently started a blog 'to write something besides English essays for school.'  Her blog, though new, is totally her own - and that's something I really admire. 

So, from now on, Cooking In Cashmere is going to change. That may mean a new header (testing my creativity skills to the limit). It may mean a new layout. But it will mean a change of content. From now on I'm going to write about what is on my mind, whether it be about food, music, books, fashion... anything and everything! 

It's a new step for me, but I can't wait to see how it turns out! 

Comments