It's partly inspired by Joy's Vegan muffins (here) but also by my desire to taste something cinnamon-y again. As you all know, I can't keep myself away from the stuff! I do love my fruity bakes though; and is there anything more perfect than the banana-cinnamon-nut combo?
Healthy Banana Muffins (makes 6)
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup honey plus 1 tsp
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
few tsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
handful pecan nuts, roughly chopped, plus 6 whole pecans to decorate
ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves in ratio 2:1:1 to your personal spice preference
1. Heat the oven to 175°C. Line a muffin tin.
2. Mix the bananas, eggs, honey, vanilla and coconut oil.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until all of the flour is combined.
5. Spoon into cases, top with a pecan nut and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until browned.
Thanks, Joy, for the inspiration!